Friday, September 23, 2005

ABORT ABORT, DANGER DANGER!!!!

Yes dear friends, my neck sucks.
It took 2 HOURS to get out of fucking bed today because it hurt so
bad and I couldn't move. Finally I sat up and nearly passed out.
Weee, can't wait to sleep tonite.

I've aborted the plans to goto THE BEACH, yep, the inspiration for
the trip, to find the beach is now lost. I will live vicariously
through Tom and Olga, who are, as we speak, getting Pizza (what the
hell are you eating pizza in thailand for? Dude, they have THAI food
here! :), on Khoa San Road in Bangkok. I wish I was meeting them,
but there were no flights today (probably best since I just went
SCUBA diving yesterday and would get the bends if I flew today...
oops!). So I'm on Ko Samui, at a nice place, pretty ocean view and a
swimming pool!

Last nite after a nap I went to the Ko Pha Ngan hospital ER. Yeah@!
Because all the pharmacy's on the island were closed, and 7-11 (thank
heaven) only had some pain medicine that didn't work (no so heavenly
after all). So at the hospital I saw a doctor, got a shot, a bunch
of pills (which don't work by the way), and a neck brace... did I
spend $500? 200? Oh no troopers, it was 640 bhat... that's $26US
for an ER visit. I love thailand. I did have to wait awhile as a
thai girl had wiped out on her moto and scraped herself all up and
burned her leg on the exhaust pipe. It sucked. Made me glad I never
tried to go up the big, monster, 20%grade hills between my bungalow
and Haad Rin, the partay beach.

Anyhoo, spirits are good, even though I'm hurting and disapointed I'm
missing my man Tom after all our planning. I've had a great trip so
far and who knows what will happen. (Not that I'm super excited
about 3 more days in bangkok,but we'll see...)

Rock on,
Craigo

No comments:

Post a Comment